Your ultimate guide to building a complete web application using all the capabilities of Spring MVC
- Carefully crafted exercises, with detailed explanations for each step, to help you understand the concepts with ease
- You will gain a clear understanding of the end to end request/response life cycle, and each logical component’s responsibility
- Packed with tips and tricks that will demonstrate the industry best practices on developing a Spring-MVC-based application
The MVC architecture for developing web applications continues to be a powerful concept and the most popular design pattern known by developers. Spring MVC is a model-view-controller framework for Java web applications to simplify the writing and testing of Java web applications, which fully integrates with the Spring dependency injection framework. With the power of annotation-based configuration, Spring MVC makes web application development easy for developers.
This book is a great companion for beginners who want to learn Spring MVC. With the help of real-world examples, you will learn how to create a completely functional web application. You will also get a complete overview of the Spring web development environment and all its key components.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with the anatomy of the Spring development environment
- Learn about the web application architecture and Spring MVC request flow
- Integrate bean validation and custom validation
- Use error handling and exception resolving
- Discover REST-based web service development and Ajax
- Test your web application
- Learn how to use Tiles and Web Flow frameworks in your MVC application
A step-by-step pragmatic approach to web application development using Spring MVC, with relevant screenshots and concise explanations.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at helping Java developers who want to teach themselves Spring MVC, even if they have no previous experience with Spring MVC. It would be helpful to have a bit of familiarity with basic servlet programming concepts, but no prior experience is required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Configuring a Spring Development Environment
Chapter 2. Spring MVC Architecture – Architecting Your Web Store
Chapter 3. Control Your Store with Controllers
Chapter 4. Working with Spring Tag Libraries
Chapter 5. Working with View Resolver
Chapter 6. Intercept Your Store with Interceptor
Chapter 7. Validate Your Products with a Validator
Chapter 8. Give REST to Your Application with Ajax
Chapter 9. Apache Tiles and Spring Web Flow in Action
Chapter 10. Testing Your Application
- Author: Amuthan G
- Pages: 347 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-05-22
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783284870
- ISBN-13: 9781783284870
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Spring MVC: Beginner’s Guide»