Create mobile games for iOS devices with the Sparrow iOS Game Framework
- Learn the principles of Game Mechanics and implement them with Sparrow’s powerful framework
- Build an entire game throughout the course of the book
- This is a practical guide with step-by-step instructions to learn the art of mobile game development
Sparrow is a game framework with a focus on ease-of-use and current state-of-the-art technologies. The Sparrow game framework is intended for 2D games and multimedia applications and has built-in support for animation, managing objects on the screen, and touch support.
Sparrow iOS Game Framework Beginner’s Guide aims to teach a complete overview on how to develop a mobile game for iOS using Objective-C as the programming language and the Sparrow game framework. Instead of teaching concepts separately, this book will take a methodical approach, taking you through the development of an entire game using Sparrow’s powerful framework.
What you will learn from this book
- Create display objects and learn how to render them on the screen
- Animate objects on the screen
- Develop your game for multiple devices such as the iPhone and the iPad
- Organize your game into scenes and classes and build upon the iOS directory structure
- Create and design the user interface utilizing the Sparrow API
- Apply basic artificial intelligence to enemy objects to enhance the difficulty level of the game
- Add finishing touches to your game with music and sound effects
An easy-to-follow guide full of descriptive step-by-step procedures on how to develop a game for iOS. With each topic, a new challenge will be tackled to get a deeper knowledge of the Sparrow game framework and gain the skills to develop a complete mobile experience.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at those who have always wanted to create their own games for iOS devices. Perhaps you’ve already dabbled in game development and want to know how to develop games for the Apple App Store, or maybe you have developed Objective-C apps in the past but you are new to game development. In either case, this book will help with descriptive examples and teach you to develop a game throughout its course. Some experience in Objective-C and a basic understanding of object-oriented programming are required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started with Sparrow
Chapter 2. Displaying Our First Objects
Chapter 3. Managing Assets and Scenes
Chapter 4. The Basics of Our Game
Chapter 5. Beautifying Our Game
Chapter 6. Adding Game Logic
Chapter 7. User Interface
Chapter 8. Artificial Intelligence and Game Progression
Chapter 9. Adding Audio to Our Game
Chapter 10. Polishing Our Game
Chapter 11. Integrating Third-party Services
- Author: Johannes Stein
- Pages: 270 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-08-24
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782161503
- ISBN-13: 9781782161509
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
The post Sparrow iOS Game Framework, Beginner’s Guide appeared first on Fox eBook.
Read Source: Sparrow iOS Game Framework, Beginner’s Guide»