Secure your RESTful applications against common vulnerabilities
- Learn how to use, configure, and set up tools for applications that use RESTful web services to prevent misuse of resources
- Get to know and fix the most common vulnerabilities of RESTful web services APIs
- A step-by-step guide portraying the importance of securing a RESTful web service with simple examples applied to real-world scenarios
This book will serve as a practical companion for you to learn about common vulnerabilities when using RESTful services, and will provide you with an indispensable knowledge of the tools you can use to implement and test security on your applications. It will cover the fine details of setting up RESTful services such as implementing RESTEasy and securing transmission protocols such as the OAuth protocol and its integration with RESTEasy. Furthermore, it also explains the implementation of digital signatures and the integration of the Doseta framework with RESTEasy.
With this book, you will be able to design your own security implementation or use a protocol to grant permissions over your RESTful applications with OAuth. You will also gain knowledge about the working of other features such as configuring and verifying HTTP and HTTPS protocols, certificates, and securing protocols for data transmission. By the end of this book, you will have comprehensive knowledge that will help you to detect and solve vulnerabilities.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up, implement, and personalize your development and test environment
- Learn, understand, and assimilate concepts inherent to security management on RESTful applications and the importance of these concepts
- Implement and test security on your applications that use RESTful web services with the most useful techniques and interpret the test results
- Apply and configure secure protocols on your application
- Implement, configure, and integrate other technologies such as OAuth or SSO with RESTful applications
- Learn and assimilate security concepts at JEE application and container level
- Understand digital signatures and message encryption through descriptive examples
A sequential and easy-to-follow guide which allows you to understand the concepts related to securing web apps/services quickly and efficiently, since each topic is explained and described with the help of an example and in a step-by-step manner, helping you to easily implement the examples in your own projects.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for web application developers who use RESTful web services to power their websites. Prior knowledge of RESTful is not mandatory, but would be advisable.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Setting Up the Environment
Chapter 2. The Importance of Securing Web Services
Chapter 3. Security Management with RESTEasy
Chapter 4. RESTEasy Skeleton Key
Chapter 5. Digital Signatures and Encryption of Messages
- Author: Andrés Salazar C., René Enríquez
- Pages: 144 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-06-14
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783980109
- ISBN-13: 9781783980109
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
The post RESTful Java Web Services Security appeared first on Fox eBook.
Read Source: RESTful Java Web Services Security»