Create insightful reports for your server infrastructure using Puppet with this book and ebook
- Learn how to prepare and setup Puppet to report on a wealth of data
- Develop your own custom plugins and work with report processor systems
- Explore compelling ways to utilize and present Puppet data with easy-to-follow examples
Starting with the very basics of Puppet, Puppet Reporting and Monitoring will guide you through configuring additional reports and creating new, feature-rich reports using the comprehensive Puppet tool. Packed with practical examples and precise instructions, this book is all you need to start exploring Puppet reports.
You will then learn how to create custom reports and finally understand the best way to present and utilize multitudes of data obtained from different servers under management.
You will learn how to use the built-in report processors and will also gain hands-on experience in creating your very own report processors. With this book, you will learn how to optimize its features such as asynchronous data storage and catalog compilation. You will also delve into using open source tools such as Graphite and Dashing to make attractive and informative dashboards quickly and easily.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Puppet for reporting
- Utilize the built-in report processors to report, analyze, and alert
- Learn how to find and install custom report processors
- Create your own custom report processors
- Generate reports using PuppetDB’s powerful API
- Create feature-rich dashboards using Puppet and Dashing
An easy to follow guide with extensive examples to explain Puppet’s reporting capabilities to facilitate effective implementation of Puppet in the real world as a reporting tool.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Puppet developer or a system administrator using Puppet, and you want to extend your expertise to manage and optimize your server resources, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Setting Up Puppet for Reporting
Chapter 2. Viewing Data in Dashboards
Chapter 3. Introducing Report Processors
Chapter 4. Creating Your Own Report Processor
Chapter 5. Exploring PuppetDB
Chapter 6. Retrieving Data with the PuppetDB API
Chapter 7. Writing Custom Reports with PuppetDB
Chapter 8. Creating Your Own Custom Dashboard
Chapter 9. Looking Back and Looking Forward
- Author: Michael Duffy
- Pages: 167 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-06-24
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783981423
- ISBN-13: 9781783981427
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Puppet Reporting and Monitoring»