Design and implement a highly available server using the latest features of MongoDB
- Improve response time by profiling and indexing on large databases
- Configure a Replica set network from scratch using a real-world example
- Step-by-step guide to setting up and learning about the latest MongoDB components and features to perform clustering and sharding
MongoDB is one of the pioneers in implementing the NoSQL concept by using “Document” as the infrastructure to save and restore data from a database. Using MongoDB in high pressure situations needs a predefined plan, and this book with its step-by-step approach can help you to make a highly available MongoDB server using the latest features.
Starting with the basic concepts and their implementation, you will study real-world use cases which will help you understand the practical aspects of MongoDB. Each step contains an in-depth presentation and several screenshots. This book teaches you all the tips and tricks to make a highly available MongoDB server using different clustering solutions. This book has a perfect balance of concepts and their practical implementation along with solutions to make a highly available MongoDB server in a production environment and under high throughput with clear instructions and guidance.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand MongoDB’s server structure and processes
- Get to grips with using MongoDB solutions to cluster your server
- Utilize sharding and set up a sharding server architecture
- Improve server response time using different solutions
- Diagnose, monitor, and troubleshoot a MongoDB server
- Discover the replica set and how it works
- Grasp how to select a suitable sharding key
This book has a perfect balance of concepts and their practical implementation along with solutions to make a highly available MongoDB server with clear instructions and guidance.
Who this book is written for
If you are using MongoDB in a production environment and need a solution to make a highly available MongoDB server, this book is ideal for you. Familiarity with MongoDB is expected so that you understand the content of this book.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Understanding the MongoDB Architecture and Processes
Chapter 2. Understanding MongoDB’s Failures and Limitations
Chapter 3. Clustering in MongoDB
Chapter 4. Utilizing a Replica Set
Chapter 5. Replica Set in Action
Chapter 6. Understanding the Concept of Sharding
Chapter 7. Sharding in Action
Chapter 8. Analyzing and Improving Database Performance
Chapter 9. Migrating Instances and Reducing Downtime
Chapter 10. Monitoring and Troubleshooting the Database
- Author: Afshin Mehrabani
- Pages: 171 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-07-25
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783986727
- ISBN-13: 9781783986729
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
The post MongoDB High Availability appeared first on Fox eBook.
Read Source: MongoDB High Availability»