An advanced guide to mastering unit testing using Mockito and JUnit
- Create meaningful and maintainable automated unit tests using advanced JUnit features and the Mockito framework
- Build an automated continuous integration environment to get real-time feedback on broken code, code coverage, code quality, and integration issues
- Covers best practices and presents insights on architecture and designs to create faster and reliable unit testing environments
It is insanity to keep doing things the same way and expect them to improve. Any program is useful only when it is functional; hence, before applying complex tools, patterns, or APIs to your production code, checking software functionality is must. Automated JUnit tests help you verify your assumptions continuously, detect side effects quickly, and also help you save time.
This book will provide the skills you need to successfully build and maintain meaningful JUnit test cases. You will begin with how to use advanced JUnit 4 features, improve code coverage, automate JUnit tests, monitor code quality, write JUnit tests for the database and web tier refactor legacy code, mock external dependencies using Mockito, and write testable code using test-driven development. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly master the advanced JUnit features.
What you will learn from this book
- Write advanced JUnit test cases using advanced JUnit 4 features
- Automate JUnit test cases using Gradle, Maven, and Ant scripting
- Practice continuous integration with Jenkins and Ant, Maven, and Gradle scripting
- Monitor code quality with the SonarQube dashboard
- Analyze static code using PMD, Checkstyle, and FindBugs
- Master code coverage with Clover, Cobertura, EclEmma, and JaCoCo
- Design for testability and refactor legacy code
- Practice test-driven development with Mockito
A practical and easy-to-follow, yet comprehensive, guide to learning advanced JUnit testing. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive, there are more details of the concepts used.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. JUnit 4 – a Total Recall
Chapter 2. Automating JUnit Tests
Chapter 3. Test Doubles
Chapter 4. Progressive Mockito
Chapter 5. Exploring Code Coverage
Chapter 6. Revealing Code Quality
Chapter 7. Unit Testing the Web Tier
Chapter 8. Playing with Data
Chapter 9. Solving Test Puzzles
Chapter 10. Best Practices
- Author: Sujoy Acharya
- Pages: 310 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-07-15
- Publisher: Packt Publishing – ebooks Account
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783982500
- ISBN-13: 9781783982509
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
The post Mastering Unit Testing Using Mockito and JUnit appeared first on Fox eBook.
Read Source: Mastering Unit Testing Using Mockito and JUnit»