Master Proxmox VE to effectively implement server virtualization technology within your network
- Learn how to provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
- Walk through every aspect of visualization using Proxmox, from a basic cluster to complex multi-cluster setups
- A practical, scenario-based guide featuring best practices which will show you everything you need to know to tackle any Proxmox cluster
Proxmox is an open source virtualization management solution for servers. This book starts by guiding you through how to set up your very first Proxmox virtualization platform with minimal configuration.
The book will then make you familiar with the Proxmox GUI and the directory structure. We will then take a look at the shared storage system that Proxmox supports and its pros and cons. As we move on, you will learn how to configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup as well as how networking is handled.
Setting up a Proxmox cluster in a production environment with minimum downtime will also be explained. Towards the end of the book, you will also learn about troubleshooting by looking at real-life problems.
We will also look at how to tackle the day-to-day challenges of an administrator managing Proxmox clusters.
What you will learn from this book
- Provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
- Configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup
- Set up virtual environments of any size
- Set up scalable, distributed shared storage systems using Ceph
- Analyze real-world virtual environment scenarios and formulate Proxmox-based solutions
- Monitor resources and virtual machines to maintain performance and uptime
- Troubleshoot a virtual environment based on real-life scenarios
This is not an instructional guide, but a practical, scenario-based book which guides you through everything you need to know in a practical manner by letting you build your own cluster. By the end of the book, you will have a fully functional Proxmox cluster setup at your disposal and have the knowledge to replicate virtualization solutions.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Dive into the Virtual World with Proxmox
Chapter 2. Proxmox Under the Hood
Chapter 3. Shared Storages with Proxmox
Chapter 4. A Virtual Machine for a Virtual World
Chapter 5. Network of Virtual Networks
Chapter 6. Proxmox HA – Zero Downtime
Chapter 7. High Availability Storage for High Availability Cluster
Chapter 8. Proxmox Production Level Setup
Chapter 9. Proxmox Troubleshooting
Chapter 10. Putting It All Together
- Author: Wasim Ahmed
- Pages: 240 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-07-25
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783980826
- ISBN-13: 9781783980826
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
The post Mastering Proxmox appeared first on Fox eBook.
Read Source: Mastering Proxmox»