Develop, maintain, and test production-ready directives for any AngularJS-based application.
- Explore the options available for creating directives, by reviewing detailed explanations and real-world examples
- Dissect the life cycle of a directive and understand why they are the base of the AngularJS framework
- Discover how to create structured, maintainable, and testable directives through a step-by-step, hands-on approach to AngularJS
AngularJS offers many features that allow the creation of rich, compelling web applications. Directives are by far the most important feature to incorporate into any skill set. This book starts off by teaching basic and advanced techniques for the art of directive writing. The different techniques are taught by a series of examples that showcase when and why certain directives should be created, based on given use cases. It moves on to explain more about how to harness the potential of AngularJS, by incorporating external libraries, optimizing code, and using brand new functions such as animations.
Finally, the book includes an overview of the techniques and best practices that AngularJS developers need to keep in mind while developing their own applications. The overall goal of this book is to teach different aspects of directive writing that can be consumed by all levels.
What you will learn from this book
- Master the ability to alter and transform DOM in an AngularJS context
- Utilize and customize a directive that uses the core animation service
- Incorporate any third-party library, with Angular Zen, which has a focus on advanced DOM manipulation
- Discover the advantages of directives that yield the ability to compile dynamic templates
- Understand every directive API option and their available uses
- Find out how and why different types of tests are used on all types of directives
- Optimize and enhance your application with custom directives
- Explore what the future has in store for AngularJS directives and how it will tie into the present style of writing directives
This book takes a hands-on, step-by-step approach that helps the reader focus on the most important points and learn exactly what they need. All of the directives in the book have live examples that go along with them, and there is a strong focus on how tests are incorporated into all types of directives.
Who this book is written for
Mastering AngularJS Directives is intended for developers who have experience with AngularJS and have a need for creating or customizing directives in any type of AngularJS application. This is a niche topic that focuses on very specific fundamental concepts of directive writing. This book is targeted at developers who have tried their hand at AngularJS, but would like to master it by learning how to make their own directives.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Tools of the Trade
Chapter 2. Building a Stopwatch Directive
Chapter 4. Compiling the Advantages
Chapter 5. Communication between Directives
Chapter 6. Working with Live Data
Chapter 7. Optimization and Code Quality
Chapter 8. Directives and Animations
Chapter 9. Conclusion
- Author: Josh Kurz
- Pages: 210 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-05-21
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178398158X
- ISBN-13: 9781783981588
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Mastering AngularJS Directives»