Design, implement, and deliver a successful modern web application project using three powerful tools in the Yeoman workflow
Who This Book Is For
About This Book
- Build a web application using Yeoman and the scaffolding tool Yo to save time and therefore money!
- Learn how to use and customize Yeoman generators such as Angular and Backbone to streamline project development.
- Create custom tasks using Yeoman, the Grunt API that runs in a NodeJS environment and use NPM for installing, updating and searching for over a 1000 custom tasks.
We will explore the options and subgenerators available with the four most popular office generators, AngularJS Backbone.js, Ember.js, and webapp. You’ll learn how to use these tools in web application development and create or integrate this streamlined workflow into new or existing projects. We will then explore the AngularJS framework and learn how to use the Yeoman Angular generator to create an AngularJS web application.
Next, we move on to learning about the concepts of the Backbone.js and Ember.js libraries and how it fits into application development and why it’s useful for you. By the end of the book, you will have a good understanding of the available Yeoman resources and how to troubleshoot issues that might occur when using the Yeoman workflow tools and ecosystem.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Modern Workflows for Modern Webapps
Chapter 2. Getting Started
Chapter 3. My Angular Project
Chapter 4. My Backbone Project
Chapter 5. My Ember Project
Chapter 6. Custom Generators
Chapter 7. Custom Libraries
Chapter 8. Tasks with Grunt
Chapter 9. Yeoman Tips and Tricks
- Author: Jonathan Spratley
- Pages: 240 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-08-25
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783981385
- ISBN-13: 9781783981380
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Learning Yeoman»