Build and implement a complete clustering solution for the Apache Karaf OSGi container
- Install and use Cellar as a provisioning clustering solution for Apache Karaf
- Extend Cellar usage to more than just provisioning by implementing distributed solutions
- Practical, step-by-step tutorial with real use cases and examples to help you seamlessly manage a cluster of Karaf Instances
Apache Karaf is a popular OSGi container that provides rich and broad features, and together with Cellar, you can easily manage farms of containers that provide synchronization between the instances of Karaf. In a real production system, users require a farm of containers to implement failover and scalability, as well as the tools required to provision the different members of a cluster. This book will help you understand the architecture, installation, and configuration of a cluster and teach you about different components and features to get the best out of a clustering solution using Apache Karaf Cellar.
Learning Karaf Cellar starts with an introduction to some of the key features of Karaf. After a quick but detailed understanding of OSGi and Karaf, this book takes you through the concept of provisioning clusters and then covers what Cellar is and how to use it.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the Apache Karaf OSGi container and its features
- Install and configure multiple Karaf containers
- Leverage Hazelcast using Cellar to provide clustering
- Create and manage multiple cluster groups
- Discover the different components of Cellar and how to administrate them
- Implement a fine-grained topology by filtering cluster events
- Use Cellar to implement remote communication between OSGi bundles (DOSGi)
- Use Cellar with Camel to implement a remote communication between Camel routes and a distributed cache
This book is a tutorial written with a step-by-step approach to help you implement an optimum clustering solution in Apache Karaf Cellar quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is written for
If you are new to Karaf and want to install and manage multiple Karaf instances by farming or clustering, then this book is for you. If you are a Java developer or a system administrator with basic knowledge of Karaf, you can use this book as a guide. Some background knowledge of OSGi and/or Karaf would be preferred but is not mandatory.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Apache Karaf – Provisioning and Clusters
Chapter 2. Apache Karaf Cellar
Chapter 3. Hazelcast
Chapter 4. Cluster Groups
Chapter 5. Producers, Consumers, Handlers, Listeners, and Synchronizers
Chapter 6. The Filtering of Cluster Events
Chapter 7. DOSGi
Chapter 8. Cellar and Camel
Chapter 9. Roadmap
- Author: Jean-Baptiste Onofré
- Pages: 114 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-07-21
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783984600
- ISBN-13: 9781783984602
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Learning Karaf Cellar»