Build, develop, and manage a fully functioning, professional looking, and feature-rich website with the Joomla! CMS
- Build and maintain your own website quickly, easily, and efficiently, getting the most out of the fully revised Joomla content management system
- Learn all the necessary web building skills: from organizing your content to completely changing the site design
- Learn by doing: follow step-by-step instructions on how to create an example website that meets real-life requirements
Taking full advantage of all the new features and enhancements added to the 2014 release of Joomla 3, this practical guide starts by teaching you how to install Joomla. After a quick tour of the basic concepts and the new features, you’ll build your very first site in no time by customizing Joomla’s default sample site to fit your needs, replacing the logo, colors, menus, and content.
You will learn how to organize the growing amount of content using Joomla’s flexible system of categories and content tags. In the last couple of chapters, you go beyond the basics and will discover how to expand Joomla’s capabilities. Finally, you will gain knowledge about search engine optimization (SEO), site security, and multilingual sites. Step-by-step, the Joomla! 3 Beginner’s Guide Second Edition teaches you how to set up, customize, enhance, and maintain your website using Joomla!
What you will learn from this book
- Discover how to create a feature-rich site that’s easy to expand, customize, and maintain, without learning HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Engage your web visitors and turn them into active users; enable users to register and add content
- Use templates to get your site to look just right by tweaking the CSS and customizing templates using your own logo, fonts, and colors
- Extend Joomla’s capabilities by finding and installing must-have extensions that perfectly meet your purposes
- Get to know how to increase your site’s visibility for search engines, applying search engine optimization (SEO) techniques
An easy to use, step-by-step guide to creating professional, mobile-friendly websites with the free Joomla CMS.
Who this book is written for
The Joomla! 3 Beginner’s Guide Second Edition is the ultimate guide for web developers who wish to build upon their skills and knowledge on creating websites. Even if you’re new to this subject, you won’t have any difficulty understanding the clear and friendly instructions and explanations. No prior knowledge of HTML and CSS is required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. A New and Easy Way to Build Websites
Chapter 2. Getting Joomla! Up and Running
Chapter 3. First Steps – Getting to Know Joomla!
Chapter 4. Web Building Basics – Creating a Site in an Hour
Chapter 5. Small Sites, Big Sites – Organizing Your Content Effectively
Chapter 6. Creating Killer Content – Adding and Editing Articles
Chapter 7. Welcoming Your Visitors – Creating Attractive Home Pages and Overview Pages
Chapter 8. Helping Your Visitors Find What They Want – Managing Menus
Chapter 9. Opening Up the Site – Enabling Users to Log in and Contribute
Chapter 10. Getting the Most out of Your Site – Extending Joomla!
Chapter 11. Creating an Attractive Design – Working with Templates
Chapter 12. Attracting Search Engine Traffic – SEO Tips and Techniques
- Author: Eric Tiggeler
- Pages: 438 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-09-24
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783981504
- ISBN-13: 9781783981502
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Joomla! 3 Beginner’s Guide, 2nd Edition»