Boost the efficiency of your enterprise applications by performance tuning and optimization with Java
- Learn to plan a performance investigation in enterprise applications
- Build a performance troubleshooting strategy
- Design and implement high performing Java enterprise applications
With the expansion of online enterprise services, the performance of an enterprise application has become a critical issue. Even the smallest change to service availability can severely impact customer satisfaction, which can cause the enterprise to incur huge losses. Performance tuning is a challenging topic that focuses on resolving tough performance issues.
In this book, you will explore the art of performance tuning from all perspectives using a variety of common tools, while studying many examples.
This book covers performance tuning in Java enterprise applications and their optimization in a simple, step-by-step manner. Beginning with the essential concepts of Java, the book covers performance tuning as an art. It then gives you an overview of performance testing and different monitoring tools. It also includes examples of using plenty of tools, both free and paid.
What you will learn from this book
- Master the art of performance tuning and become a performance tuning expert
- Create and execute enterprise performance tests
- Understand the fundamentals of Java needed for performance tuning
- Use a number of profiling tools to diagnose common performance issues
- Understand the basic aspects of the Java virtual machine and application server performance tuning
- Design guidelines for better enterprise application performance
- Discover different Java optimization tips and tricks
- Tune a real-world sample application
The book adopts a step-by-step approach, starting from building the basics and adding to it gradually by using different tools and examples. The book sequence is easy to follow and all topics are fully illustrated showing you how to make good use of different performance diagnostic tools.
Who this book is written for
If you are an experienced Java developer, architect, team leader, consultant, support engineer, or anyone else who needs performance tuning in your Java applications, and in particular, Java enterprise applications, this book is for you. No prior experience of performance tuning is required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started with Performance Tuning
Chapter 2. Understanding Java Fundamentals
Chapter 3. Getting Familiar with Performance Testing
Chapter 4. Monitoring Java Applications
Chapter 5. Recognizing Common Performance Issues
Chapter 6. CPU Time Profiling
Chapter 7. Thread Profiling
Chapter 8. Memory Profiling
Chapter 9. Tuning an Application’s Environment
Chapter 10. Designing High-performance Enterprise Applications
Chapter 11. Performance Tuning Tips
Chapter 12. Tuning a Sample Application
- Author: Osama Oransa
- Pages: 398 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-06-25
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178217642X
- ISBN-13: 9781782176428
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Java EE 7 Performance Tuning and Optimization»