Develop fascinating Linux-based projects using the groundbreaking Yocto Project tools
- Optimize Yocto Project’s capabilities to develop captivating embedded Linux projects
- Facilitates efficient system development by helping you avoid known pitfalls
- Demonstrates concepts in a practical and easy-to-understand way
Starting with the very basics of the Yocto Project tools, this book will provide you with all the knowledge you need to work on real Linux-based hardware.
With emphasis on practical implementation, this book starts by helping you set up and configure the Yocto Project tools. It then explains the Hob interface for BitBake in detail. You will explore different directory layouts and learn to maximize the use of the Poky build system.
Compliance is always a hassle, so you will learn the methods to share source code and modifications, and how to fulfill open source license compliance effectively and convincingly. You will then gain experience in the use and construction of layers.
This tutorial guide will teach you everything you need to know to get up and running with Yocto Project and develop amazing Linux-based projects.
What you will learn from this book
- Differentiate between OpenEmbedded, Yocto Project, Poky, and BitBake
- Understand the BitBake metadata syntax
- Customize an application development environment
- Debug your application in a cross-compiled environment
- Add and remove features in the Linux kernel configuration
- Meet your project’s license compliance requirements with less hassle
- Make embedded Linux systems using Yocto Project
A practical tutorial guide which introduces you to the basics of Yocto Project, and also helps you with its real hardware use to boost your Embedded Linux-based project.
Who this book is written for
If you are an embedded systems enthusiast and willing to learn about compelling features offered by the Yocto Project, then this book is for you. With prior experience in the embedded Linux domain, you can make the most of this book to efficiently create custom Linux-based systems.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Meeting the Yocto Project
Chapter 2. Baking Our Poky-based System
Chapter 3. Using Hob to Bake an Image
Chapter 4. Grasping the BitBake Tool
Chapter 5. Detailing the Temporary Build Directory
Chapter 6. Assimilating Packaging Support
Chapter 7. Diving into BitBake Metadata
Chapter 8. Developing with the Yocto Project
Chapter 9. Debugging with the Yocto Project
Chapter 10. Exploring External Layers
Chapter 11. Creating Custom Layers
Chapter 12. Customizing Existing Recipes
Chapter 13. Achieving GPL Compliance
Chapter 14. Booting Our Custom Embedded Linux
- Author: Daiane Angolini, Otavio Salvador
- Pages: 121 pages
- Edition: 1
- Publication Date: 2014-06-24
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783282339
- ISBN-13: 9781783282333
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Read Source: Embedded Linux Development with Yocto Project»