Read Source: Microsoft Office For Ipad Step By Step»
The post Scenario-focused Engineering: Design And Innovation For Software Engineers appeared first on ZEbook.
HTML5: Everyone’s using it, nobody knows what it is. I realize that sounds more like a line out of an existential movie – maybe Waiting for Godot or a screenplay by Sartre – than a statement about HTML5. But it’s really the truth: most of the people using HTML5 are treating it as HTML4+, or even worse, HTML4 (and some stuff they don’t use). The result? A real delay in the paradigm shift that HTML5 is almost certain to bring. It’s certainly not time to look away, because by the time you look back, you may have missed something really important: a subtle but important transition centered around HTML5.
Read Source: What Is HTML5?»
Get ready to build modern web apps. This concise book covers the Dart language, libraries, and tools that help you develop structured, fast, and maintainable web apps that run in any modern browser. The Dart platform has been designed to scale from simple scripts to complex apps, running on both the client and the server. With this book, you can use Dart to architect and develop HTML5 apps for the modern web.
Read Source: What is Dart?»
Learning simple techniques which will make your website look stunning on high-definition Retina Displays
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create high-resolution graphics for websites.
- Learn to create scalable graphics using CSS, SVG, and Canvas.
- Embed fonts from the web for creating unique typography and graphics.
- Learn how to add high-resolution icons and startup images to your web apps
- Implement scripting techniques to replace your images with high-resolution versions
Apple launched its line of high-resolution, retina display products with the iPhone 4 and has continued to integrate the technology into its other products. These beautiful displays take computing to a new level with incredibly sharp text and graphics. As other manufacturers add similar displays to their devices, high-resolution graphics will become the new standard for the apps and websites of the future.
“Instant Website Optimization for Retina Displays How-to” is a comprehensive guide to building a website that will look fantastic on high-resolution displays. Helpful insights and simple instructions walk you through all the various methods of optimizing your site for the latest mobile and desktop devices.
This book begins by covering the basics of retina images and dives right into practical advice so you can start improving your website’s images. It continues building on the basic techniques with simple recipes covering all the tools you’ll need to make an impressive high-resolution website.
We will take a look at the techniques for adding retina backgrounds, sprites, border images, and loading large images only when needed to keep your website running fast. We will create a variety of basic shapes and styles using CSS that can be used instead of graphics in your user interface. We’ll cover scalable image techniques, including using fonts as icons and implementing Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), which make your graphics look great on any device.
After reading “Instant Website Optimization for Retina Displays How-to” you’ll have the techniques to make creating high-definition websites easy. You’ll have an arsenal of tools for creating graphics on the web at your disposal, leading to superior websites that are beautiful and fast.
What you will learn from this book
- Create retina images, backgrounds, and borders.
- Use CSS to create shapes and buttons for user interfaces.
- Design retina image sprites to speed up your site.
- Embed unique fonts and use them as graphics.
- Make your web apps high-resolution with icons and startup images.
- Create resolution independent images using SVG.
- Use media queries and the image-set property to provide multiple versions of your images.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Written in an accessible and practical manner which quickly imparts the knowledge you want to know. As a How-to book it will use applied examples and teach you to optimize websites for retina displays.
Read Source: Website Optimization for Retina Displays How-to»
The definitive guide to Autodesk Revit MEPThe expert author team for this Autodesk Official Press book has employed their years of experience to develop this exhaustive reference and tutorial, which is perfectly paced to cover all the core concepts and functionality of Revit MEP including:
- Navigating the interface
- Project setup and templates
- Mechanical concerns such as building loads and ductwork
- Electrical concerns such as lighting and communications outlets
- Plumbing concerns such as fixtures and water systems
This revision covers all of Revit MEP’s new features and includes more advanced electrical and plumbing information. In addition, the book features real-world sidebars and hands-on tutorials that reinforce the detailed discussions, along with downloadable before-and-after tutorial files to help you complete the hands-on projects. This Autodesk Official Press book is the perfect resource for becoming a Revit MEP expert.
The post Mastering Autodesk Revit MEP 2015: Autodesk Official Press appeared first on ZEbook.
This book starts by exploring the popular HTTP, UPnP, CoAP, MQTT, and XMPP protocols. You will learn how protocols and patterns can put limitations on network topology and how they affect the direction of communication and the use of firewalls. Thing registries and delegation of trust are introduced as important tools to secure the life cycle of Things on the Internet. Once the fundamentals have been mastered, your focus will move to the Internet of Things architecture. A secure architecture is proposed that will take full advantage of the power of Internet of Things and at the same time protect end user integrity and private personal data without losing flexibility and interoperability.
This book provides you with a practical overview of the existing protocols, communication patterns, architectures, and security issues important to Internet of Things.
Read Source: Learning Internet of Things»
Ready to build apps for iPhone, iPad, and Mac now that Swift has landed? If you’re an experienced programmer who’s never touched Apple developer tools, this hands-on book shows you how to use the Swift language to make incredible iOS and OS X apps, using Cocoa and Cocoa Touch.
Learn how to use Swift in a wide range of real-world situations, with Cocoa features such as Event Kit and Core Animation. You’ll pick up Swift language features and syntax along the way, and understand why using Swift (instead of Objective-C) makes iOS and Mac app development easier, faster, and safer. You’ll also work with several exercises to help you practice as you learn.
- Learn the OS X and iOS application lifecycle
- Use storyboards to design adaptive interfaces
- Explore graphics systems, including the built-in 2D and 3D game frameworks
- Display video and audio with AVFoundation
- Store data locally with the file system, or on the network with iCloud
- Display lists or collections of data with table views and collection views
- Build apps that let users create, edit, and work with documents
- Use MapKit, Core Location, and Core Motion to interact with the world
The post Swift Development with Cocoa: Developing for the Mac and iOS App Stores appeared first on ZEbook.
Data in all domains is getting bigger. How can you work with it efficiently? This book introduces Apache Spark, the open source cluster computing system that makes data analytics fast to write and fast to run. With Spark, you can tackle big datasets quickly through simple APIs in Python, Java, and Scala.
Written by the developers of Spark, this book will have data scientists and engineers up and running in no time. You’ll learn how to express parallel jobs with just a few lines of code, and cover applications from simple batch jobs to stream processing and machine learning.
- Quickly dive into Spark capabilities such as distributed datasets, in-memory caching, and the interactive shell
- Leverage Spark’s powerful built-in libraries, including Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, and MLlib
- Use one programming paradigm instead of mixing and matching tools like Hive, Hadoop, Mahout, and Storm
- Learn how to deploy interactive, batch, and streaming applications
- Connect to data sources including HDFS, Hive, JSON, and S3
- Master advanced topics like data partitioning and shared variables
Read Source: Learning Spark: Lightning-Fast Big Data Analysis»