Covers iOS 6, Xcode 4.5+, iPhone, iPad, and More!
Figures and code appear as they do in Xcode 4.5+
In just 24 sessions of one hour each, learn how to build powerful applications for today’s hottest handheld devices: the iPhone and iPad! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master every skill and technology you need, from setting up your iOS development environment to building great responsive user interfaces, from sensing motion to writing multitasking applications. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common iOS development tasks.
Activities at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
- Printed in full color
- Covers iOS 6.0 and up
- Use the new Objective-C NSArray, NSDictionary, and NSNumber Data Type shortcuts introduced in Xcode 4.5.2
- Learn to navigate the Xcode 4.5+ development environment
- Prepare your system and iDevice for efficient development
- Get started quickly with Apple’s Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development paradigm
- Visually design and code interfaces using Xcode storyboards, segues, exits, and the iOS Object Library
- Use Auto Layout to adapt to different screen sizes and orientations
- Build advanced UIs with tables, split views, navigation controllers, and more
- Read and write preferences and data, and create System Settings plug-ins
- Use the iOS media playback and recording capabilities
- Take photos and manipulate graphics with Core Image
- Sense motion, orientation, and location with the accelerometer, gyroscope, and GPS
- Integrate online services using Twitter, Facebook, Email, Web Views, and Apple Maps
- Create universal applications that run on both the iPhone and iPad
- Write background-aware multitasking applications
- Trace and debug your applications as they run
Table of Contents
Hour 1: Preparing Your System and iDevice for Development
Hour 2: Introduction to Xcode and the iOS Simulator
Hour 3: Discovering Objective-C: The Language of Apple Platforms
Hour 4: Inside Cocoa Touch
Hour 5: Exploring Interface Builder
Hour 6: Model-View-Controller Application Design
Hour 7: Working with Text, Keyboards, and Buttons
Hour 8: Handling Images, Animation, Sliders, and Steppers
Hour 9: Using Advanced Interface Objects and Views
Hour 10: Getting the User’s Attention
Hour 11: Implementing Multiple Scenes and Popovers
Hour 12: Making Choices with Toolbars and Pickers
Hour 13: Advanced Storyboards Using Navigation and Tab Bar Controllers
Hour 14: Navigating Information Using Table Views and Split View Controllers
Hour 15: Reading and Writing Application Data
Hour 16: Building Responsive User Interfaces
Hour 17: Using Advanced Touches and Gestures
Hour 18: Sensing Orientation and Motion
Hour 19: Working with Rich Media
Hour 20: Interacting with Other Applications
Hour 21: Implementing Location Services
Hour 22: Building Background-Aware Applications
Hour 23: Building Universal Applications
Hour 24: Application Tracing and Debugging
- Author: John Ray
- Pages: 864 pages
- Edition: 4
- Publication Date: 2013-02-02
- Publisher: Sams Publishing
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672334437
- ISBN-13: 9780672334436
Click to Look Inside This eBook: Browse Sample Pages
PDF eBook Free Download
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
The post Sams Teach Yourself iOS 6 Application Development in 24 Hours, 4th Edition appeared first on Fox eBook.